To say that the first three months of 2019 were a whirlwind is a complete understatement. The first three months of 2019 have felt like a hurricane, but a good hurricane. So what happened?
- 14 January: I had offers from three agents who wanted to represent me after reading my book The Jigsaw Man.
- 29 January: It was my birthday 🎊🎉🥂and I celebrated by signing a contract with my new agent Oli from A.M. Heath. There was red velvet cake.
- 18 February: The Jigsaw Man was sent out to editors and four days later I had my first offer from a publisher that sent me into shock.😱
- 6 March: HQ (HarperCollins imprint) won the rights to publish The Jigsaw Man in a SIX-WAY AUCTION. **SIX publishers wanted to publish my book** 😳 AND Hanover Square pre-empted North American rights to publish the Jigsaw Man.
See, I told you that the first three months of 2019 were a whirlwind and a bit mad 😁. So my book which started life as a 1000 word assignment on creating suspense, as part of my City Uni Crime/Thriller Writing MA ( I got a distinction by the way) is going to be published in:
- UK and Commonwealth (excl. Canada: Oi, get a move on Canada 🇨🇦😋)
- Czech Republic
To say that I am a bit excited is a complete understatement. My closest family and friends knew all about it, but I had to keep my mouth shut until there was an official press release in The Bookseller at the London Book Fair last month.
So, what am I doing now? Well, now that the whirlwind/hurricane has passed, I’m starting work on book 2 in the Detective Henley series. Cross fingers, I will have more news to tell you soon.